- Written by Damien
In the early part of the last century, Sunday Mass was held in Plymstock in a room of a bungalow in Quarry Park Road. As the population of Plymstock and the congregation grew, it became necessary to build a church.
In 1932 a site adjacent to the bungalow was acquired and on Sunday March 26th 1933, the Roman Catholic Bishop of Plymouth laid the foundation stone.
The first Mass was celebrated on Sunday July 23rd 1933. As the population and congregation continued to grow, there was need to build a bigger church, this was erected on a site adjacent to the old one and opened and blessed in the name of St Margaret Mary on March 19th 1961.
The old church now serves as the church hall and is used by the parishioners and local community for social and other events.